Porcelain Dental Crowns
How John A Dolenz DDS Saves Cracked and Broken Teeth
One of the most common procedures here at John A Dolenz DDS is placing a crown. Dr. Dolenz will place crowns to help out with many different dental health problems. Some of those include:
- Covering a dental implant.
- For a cosmetic modification.
- Protecting a broken tooth or one that has been severely worn down.
- Covering misshapen or severely discolored teeth.
- Protecting a weak tooth from decay or to hold parts of a cracked tooth together.
- Restoring an already broken tooth from further damage.
- Holding in a dental bridge.
What Are Crowns Made From?
Crowns are made from different types of material. Early in dentistry, crowns were made from metals and stainless steel. Here at John A Dolenz DDS, we use porcelain crowns. The reason that we recommend porcelain is because of its strength and cosmetic appeal. Porcelain provides a better color match than other materials. It is also better for persons who have metal allergies.
How Long Do Dental Crowns Last?
Crowns will last for several years. After we place your dental crown, you’ll want to stay away from chewing ice and other hard materials, grinding your teeth, biting your fingernails, and opening packages with your teeth. This will help your crown last for as long as possible.
To schedule a consultation regarding a dental crown, give us a call at (913)367-7270 or email us.
We look forward to hearing from you.